Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Happy Birthday Candles Card

I created this card for my nephew Hunter's birthday.

·         Step 1: I took a piece of vanilla cardstock and cut with my paper trimmer to 6” x 9”.  I scored the card down the center so the card measures 6” x 4 ½”.
·         Step 2: I took a piece of pattern cardstock and cut to 5 ½” x 4”.
·         Step 3:  I took both the card base in vanilla and the pattern cardstock and cut out a circle in both pieces using my Darice Embossing Essentials Circle Die set and my Cuttlebug.
·         Step 4: I adhered the pattern cardstock onto the vanilla card base using a glue stick.
·         Step 5: I took a white ribbon and colored it using Lindy’s Flat Fabio spray in Caribbean Blue.  I tied the ribbon around the edge of the card. I added a piece of white twine cord to create the bow.
·         Step 6: Using a happy birthday stamp from Tim Holtz Simple Sayings stamp set, I stamped the saying in versamark and used Recollections Embossing Powder in Glacier.
·         Step 7: I cut some strips of white cardstock to create the candles and cut out the flame parts of the candles using the Celebrations cricut cartridge. 
·         Step 8:  I took the candles and used a dot background stamp and stamped each candle in versamark ink pad.  I used Ranger White Embossing Powder and covered the candles and embossed with my heat gun. 
·         Step 9: I colored each candle using a different colors distress stain by Tim Holtz.  The colors I used was Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn, and Squeezed Lemonade.  I took the flames for each candle and used a glue stick and colored with yellow glitter.  I positioned the candles on the inside of the card so they can be aligned with the circle cutout.  I glued down using a glue stick.
·         Step 10: I stamped the sayings on the inside of the card using Distress ink pad in Broken China.  The stamps I used are from My Favorite Things birthday clear stamps.

·         Step 11:  I took some money and folded up and used a paperclip to attach the money to the card.  The money was used as the cake in the card and was placed over the candles.



No comments:

Post a Comment