Saturday, November 28, 2015

New Baby Card - Hi Grayson!!

My best friend Courtney was pregnant with her first child, Grayson.  I made this new baby card for her baby shower.  It was so much fun.  The games were fun and kept everyone entertained and interacting.  I loved the backdrop she had for pictures.  It was a scene from the Disney movie, Bambi.

The design of the card was inspired by a pin I saw on Pinterest.  Pin from Stampin Up, http://lvstmpn.wordpress.com.

·        Step 1: Take light gray cardstock and measure for the size of your card.  This card is 6” x 4 ½”.  I cut my cardstock to 6” x 9” and folded in half and creased.
·        Step 2: I took white cardstock and cut to 5 ¾” x 4 ¼”.  I took a distress marker in pumice stone and created the frame by making dash stitch marks. I glued the piece to the card using a glue stick.
·        Step 3: I took some yellow pattern cardstock from the Recollections Fashionably Chic paper pack and cut to 3” x 4 ¼”.  I took the Martha Stewart scallop dot punch and punched the edges.  I adhered in the center of the card using a glue stick. 
·        Step 4: I took some green pattern cardstock from the Recollections Fashionably Chic paper pack and I cut the pattern cardstock to 2” x 4 ¼”.  I took the distress marker in pumice stone and created the dash stitching marks around the frame of the cardstock. I adhered on top of the yellow pattern cardstock and centered.
·        Step 5: I took some blue pattern cardstock from the Recollections Fashionably Chic paper pack and cut two squares using my Cricut machine and the accent essentials cartridge that is 2” on all sides. I cut 2 squares out of white cardstock as well. I glued the white squares onto the blue squares using a glue stick. I took the pumice stone distress marker and added dash stitches to the frame of the cardstock pieces.
·        Step 6: I created the lion and the hippo using the Stampology Mindys Zoo 2 stamp set.  For the lion the colors inks I used was Staz-on ink pad in jet black for the outline.  The lion was done in Colorbox ink in sunflower and ochre.  The hippo was created using Staz-on ink jet black for the outline.  The hippo is Staz-on ink in dove gray and distress ink in Spun Sugar. I fussy cut the images out using my small detail scissors.  I adhered the animals to the squares with dimensional dots.
·        Step 7: I stamped the saying “hello” and “new baby” in Staz-on ink dove gray.  The “hello” stamp is from Technique Tuesday Say It Happy Stamp set and the word “new baby” is from the Lawn Fawn A Birdie Told Me stamp set.
·        Step 8: I added some rhinestones which are Queen & Co. in baby blue and light green.
·        Step 9: For the inside of the card I cut a rectangle 3” by 2” in the blue pattern cardstock and a white rectangle in the white cardstock that was 2 ¾” x 2”.  I adhered together using a glue stick. I added the dash stitch frame on the blue cardstock with a distress marker in pumice stone.
·        Step 10: I created the giraffe using the Stampology Mindys Zoo 2 stamp set and used Staz-on ink in jet black, Staz-on ink in timber brown and Colorbox ink in canary.  I adhered the giraffe using dimensional dots.  I also added some rhinestones.

·        Step 11: The white cardstock was cut to 51/2” x 4 ¼”.  I added the frame using dash stitch marks in distress marker pumice stone and adhered using a glue stick.





No comments:

Post a Comment