Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Personal Touch of Meow Mixed Media Canvas

The holidays have come and gone and it is so hard for me to believe Christmas was almost a month ago.  This Christmas I made a mixed media canvas for my friend Kat.  I knew I wanted to do something with Hello Kitty.   I also knew the color scheme I wanted.  I did not have any Hello Kitty embellishments so I searched online for a background and printed it out.  I cut out the kitty face from the background.  I distressed the edges with distress ink pads (worn lipstick, broken china) and a purple colorbox chalk ink. I used some glitter glue pens to write her name on the background.

I took a canvas and some texture paste and added some stencils for the background.  I searched around my craft room and found many cat embellishments and grabbed tons of different flowers I had.  I also added some metal embellishments including a personal touch.  The heart in the bottom center is from a locket of mine that i colored with alcohol inks.  The other metal embellishments as well was covered with alcohol inks.  

I glued everything down with either tacky glue, e6000 or a hot glue gun.  I sprayed the canvas with Lindy's sprays.  I used delphinium turquoise, cockle bells coral, hibiscus rose, magnolia magenta gold, witch's potion purple and scintillating silver. 

Even though this picture was not of the completed project, I did adhere the background to the center of the canvas with mod podge.  I really loved how the project came out and I loved the color scheme.  I want to make myself a similar canvas with my own name. 


No comments:

Post a Comment