I saw this video and wanted to give it a try.
· Resource: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ewb0Q8EXQs
· Need: canvas, gelatos (lemon, green tea, guava, bubble gum, cotton candy, gold, red cherry, coconut), Cricut cartridges (accent essentials), stencils (squares background), stamps (Blissful botanicals), cardstock (Best of K&Company 360 sheets paper stack), Distress markers (gathered twigs, frayed burlap, mustard seed, black soot), Lindys spray (golden doubloons), mod podge, heat tool, scissors, pencil
· Step 1: Take your canvas and add some color with gelatos. You can add a bit of water with a small paint brush to help blend the colors. I colored the background with lemon, green tea, guava, bubble gum and cotton candy.
· Step 2: Using the accent essentials Cricut cartridge I cut out some accents on tan cardstock. I rubbed some gold gelatos over the accents. I adhered to the canvas with mod podge.
· Step 3: Take a squares background stencil and apply using a gold gelato. You can wet your finger and get the color of the gelato and apply with your finger tip.
· Step 4: Use stamps and gelatos and stamp some images over the canvas. Put gelatos on a stamp spray with water add a bit gelatos and stamp. I used the leaf vine stamp from the Lawn Fawn blissful botanicals stamp set and green tea gelato.
· Step 5: I found some cardstock from the K&Company best of collection and sketched out an owl image and cut it out using scissors. Glue the papers down in the center of the canvas with some mod podge. Set with a heat tool.
· Step 6: Draw a branch on the canvas with gathered twigs distress marker for the owl to be sitting on.
· Step 7: Create the eyes of the owl and color and highlight the owl with gathered twigs, frayed burlap, mustard seed, black soot distress markers and gold, red cherry, and coconut gelatos.
· Step 8: I took lindys sprays golden doubloons and sprayed a layer over the canvas to add a gold shimmer.