Spring Flags Sign Canvas
· Need: canvas, acrylic paint (blue, green), texture paste, glitter, twine, Cricut cartridge celebrations, Cricut cartridge accent essentials, clothespins, pattern cardstock (greens), cardstock (white), distress ink pads (shaded lilac, barn door, ripe persimmon, mustard seed, worn lipstick, broken china, peeled paint), jewels, tacky glue, cloud stencil, mod podge
· Step 1: I colored the background of the canvas and created a sky using blue ocean reef acrylic paint. I took my clouds stencil and some texture paste and created the clouds. Before the paint dried I added some blue glitter.
· Step 2: Cut some green pattern cardstock and using mod podge apply to the bottom half of the canvas. Add some areas with green acrylic paint.
· Step 3: Add some twine to the top part of the canvas.
· Step 4: Cut out some flags using the celebrations cartridge from white cardstock. Color each flag with distress inks (broken china, mustard seed, worn lipstick, peeled paint, ripe persimmon). Spell out the word spring using the same colors with distress markers. Add each flag using a clothespin.
· Step 5: Cut out flowers using the accent essentials cartridge. Color the flowers with distress ink pads (broken china, mustard seed, worn lipstick, peeled paint, ripe persimmon). Add some jewels or draw a smiley face on the flowers. Cut out some leaves and color with peeled paint distress ink pad. Take a distress marker and draw on stems. Apply using tacky glue.