Sunday, June 21, 2015

Remember Inspiration

A friend at work asked me to create something for a friend of his who was going through a difficult time.  We worked together and thought of doing  an album.  We thought  of the quotes together.  This was my first ever album like this and it came out amazing.  I am so  proud at what I accomplished in 24 hours. I used the videos below for inspiration.



Remember Inspiration Mini Album

Cover Front/Back
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (bundled sage, aged mahogany, peeled paint) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: On the front cover, wipe down the background with an embossing buddy. Take a dot flourish stamp and ink up with versamark watermark ink pad and stamp the flourishes all over the background. Cover the images with metallic embossing powder.  Remove the excess powders and set with a heat tool.
·        Step 3: On the back cover, wipe down the background with an embossing buddy.  Take a heart mosaic stencil and apply using a versamark watermark ink pad.  Cover with clear embossing powder.  Remove the excess powder and set with a heat tool.
·        Step 4: On the front cover, I cut out a banner using chipboard.  I colored the using Queen of Hearts red Lindy’s spray and ponderosa pines olive Lindy’s spray.. I wrote the word “remember” using a silver sharpie marker.  I applied versamark watermark ink pad on the edges and covered with metallic embossing powder and set with a heat tool.
·        Step 5: On the front cover, I added some flowers.  I colored the flowers with queen of hearts red Lindy’s spray, homemade glimmer mists.  I colored the leaf with ponderosa pines olive Lindy’s spray.  I applied some platinum inka-gold with my finger to the edges of the flowers and leaf.
·        Step 6: I cut up some lace trim and colored with ponderosa pines olive Lindy’s spray, burnt umber Lindy’s spray, Danny Zukio Denim Lindy’s spray and Autumn Crimson red Lindy’s spray.  I added the lace to the top ring of the album.





Page 1-2 (Everything happens for a reason, we don’t always know what it is but we know we will get through it somehow)
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (peeled paint, crushed olive, brushed corduroy, walnut stain, forest moss) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: Take a honeycomb background stamp and ink up with distress ink pad walnut stain.  Stamp the image all over the chipboard pages.  Take some water in your hand and add some water splatters over the chipboard pages.
·        Step 3: Using my cricut cartridge accent essentials I cut out a frame and colored it with brushed corduroy distress crackle paint.  I added to the album page using dimensional dots.  I cut out a rectangle and colored it with crushed olive distress ink.  I stamped the box outline using jet black staz-on ink.  I added some rhinestones.  The saying I printed from the printer and I colored with brushed corduroy distress ink pad.  
·        Step 4: I took a burlap bow and colored with distress peeled paint stain and added some areas with gold inka-gold.  I colored the flowers using summer lovin yellow Lindy’s spray, wild honey distress stain, and honeycomb and lettuce alcohol inks.  I applied everything using either tacky glue or quickdry adhesive.





Page 3-4 (It always rains hardest on those that deserve the sun)
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (mustard seed, rusty hinge, stormy sky, faded jeans) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: Wipe down the background with an embossing buddy.  Take a Tim Holtz rays stencil and apply using versamark watermark ink pad.  Cover the image with clear embossing powder.  Remove the excess powder and set with a heat tool.
·        Step 3: Take some texture paste and mix some sterling silver acrylic paint to make a light gray color.  Take a cloud stencil and apply the stencils using the texture paste and don’t smooth out the paste and leave the texture so the clouds appear real and fluffy.
·        Step 4: I cut out the floral scroll design using my cricut and the accents essential cartridge.  I colored it using summer lovin and kissin kiniki Lindy’s spray.  I cut out the word banner using my computer and colored it using forever blue perfect pearls.




Page 5-6 (I cant change the direction of the wind but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination)
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (faded jeans, tumbled glass, broken china) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: Wipe down the chipboard pages with the embossing buddy. Take some versamark watermark ink pad and the cloud stencil and apply some clouds in some areas.  Take the white UTEE powder and cover the images.  Remove the excess powder and set with a heat tool. Take some white acrylic paint and a cloud stencil and apply the stencil in some areas of the chipboard pages. 
·        Step 3: I have a frame die-cut from a kit and colored it using faded jeans, broken china and tumbled glass distress ink pad.  I added some pearls and stuck the frame on using dimensional dots so a picture can fit underneath.  I printed the word banner and distressed the edges with faded jeans distress ink pad.   I apply it using tacky glue.




Page 7-8 (friends are like stars they may be hard to find but they are always there AND you might be one person to the world but to one person you are the world)
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (faded jeans, black soot, weathered wood) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: Wipe down the chipboard pages with the embossing buddy.  Take some versamark watermark ink pad and ink up a stars stamp.  Stamp some stars onto the background.  Cover with silver embossing powder.  Remove excess powder and set with a heat tool.
·        Step 3: I cut out some accents using my cricut and the accent essentials cartridge.  Some of them were colored in dove grey staz-on ink pad.  Others were colored using platinum ink gold and platinum stickles.  I also colored some with pure silver and silver sterling acrylic paint.  I printed out the word banner using my computer and colored using forever blue perfect pearls.




Page 9-10 (it is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light)
·        Step 1: Take a distress ink pad (black soot) and blending tool and blend some color onto the chipboard piece.  Take a distress stain (picket fence) and add some color to the chipboard piece.  Take some distress crackle paint (picket fence) and add some paint to areas of the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: Take some gesso and apply to the craft mat.  Take a distressed background stamp and ink up with the gesso and apply all over the background. Let dry.  Take some scintillating silver lindy’s spray and spray all over the background. Let dry.  Take some distress crackle paint in rock candy and spread all over the background. Let dry.
·        Step 3: I took a zig zag border from a previous kit and colored it using silver sterling acrylic paint and black distress crackle paint.  I added the word banner that I printed from my computer.  I also using e6000 glue and glued the metal lock and key onto the page. I colored these pieces with slate alcohol ink.  I also added a Tim Holtz metal banner accent with e6000 glue. 
·        Step 4: I took a piece of white cardstock and ran through the Cuttlebug  using Coolio folder.  I took the black soot distress ink pad and rubbed it over the paper to color the raised image. I also took a metal bottle cap which I colored in slate alcohol ink and attached on top of the embossed paper using e6000 glue.





Page 11-12 (don’t ever let anyone ever dull your sparkle AND life isn’t about finding yourself its about creating yourself)
·        Step 1: Take a distress ink pad (black soot) and blend all over the chipboard pages.
·        Step 2: Take some homemade glimmers mists (1, 2, 3, and 6) and spray all over the background.
·        Step 3: I cut out some butterflies using the cricut serenade cartridge in black, bright green, bright pink, bright blue cardstock.  I glued all the butterflies together only in the body area and bent all the wings forward to make it look like the butterfly is flying and adhered to the background using tacky glue.  I added some small pearls to the body.  I made a trail of gemstones for a path of the butterfly flying.  I also using a white gel pen. 
·        Step 4: I printed the word banners from the computer and colored using perfect pink, perfect purple, perfect green and perfect blue perfect pearls and adhered using tacky glue.





Page 13-14 (my greatest blessings call me momma)
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (broken china, weathered wood, worn lipstick, spun sugar) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: On the blue page, take the squares stencil and double columns stencil and apply using faded jeans and stormy sky distress ink pads.
·        Step 3: On the pink page, take the flowers and hearts/dots stencil and apply using tattered rose and Victorian velvet distress ink pads.
·        Step 4: I took some circle die-cuts from a previous kit.  The pink one I colored using pink ladies and frenchs pink Lindy’s spray and the blue one was colored using Azure Seas asters and Delphinium turquoise blue Lindy’s spray.
·        Step 5: I added some flowers and a bird sticker to the project.
·        Step 6: I cut out the word banners using my computer.  I colored one with shabby shutters distress ink pad and I colored the other words using milled lavender distressed ink pad.




Page 15-16 (nothing is impossible the word itself says im possible AND believe you can and youre halfway there)
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (work lipstick, ripe persimmon, mowed lawn) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: Take the embossing buddy and wipe over the background.  Take a flourish corner stamp and ink up with versamark watermark ink pad.  Cover with vintage photo embossing powder.  Remove the excess powder and set with a heat tool.
·        Step 3: Take a flourish dot stamp set and ink up with worn lipstick and stamp.  Repeat using ripe persimmon and mowed lawn.
·        Step 4: Take some leaves stamps from the blissful botanicals stamp set and ink up with forest moss distress ink pad and stamp on the background.
·        Step 5: I took some flowers and colored using pink ladies, kissin kenicki, summer lovin Lindys sprays.
·        Step 6: I cut out a frame from the accent essentials cartridge and found a label die-cut from a previous kit.  I colored one frame using aged mahogany distress ink pad.  I colored a accent from the accent essentials kit using wild honey.  I also colored one of the square backgrounds using brushed corduroy ink pad and covered with tarnished brass distress crackle paint. I cut out the scroll design and colored with peeled paint distress ink and covered with rock candy distress crackle paint.
·        Step 7: I took a burlap bow and colored with champagne gold acrylic paint.  I took the word banners and covered with wild honey stain and brushed corduroy distress ink pad.





Page 17-18 (the measure of who we are is what we do with what we have)
·        Step 1: Take some distress ink pads (peeled paint, walnut stain, mowed lawn, vintage photo) and blending tools and blend some colors onto the chipboard piece.
·        Step 2: Wipe the background with the embossing buddy.  Take the manuscripts stamp and ink up with versamark watermark ink pad and stamp all over the background.  Cover with copper embossing powder.  Remove the excess powder and set with a heat tool.
·        Step 3: I took some borders from a K&Company border kit and added to the project.  I also took a floral vellum die-cut and some prima flowers and added to the project.

·        Step 4: I cut out the word banner that was printed from my computer and colored it using antique linen distress ink pad.



No comments:

Post a Comment