Sunday, June 21, 2015

Birds Nest Wall Art

I saw this video and here is my attempt.


Birds Nest Canvas
·        Need: acrylic paint (Folkart – linen, classic green, nutmeg, Americana – light avocado, Delta – ocean reef blue, MStudio – golden brown), stencils (double rectangle background), bubble wrap, brown suede, twine, linen embroidery thread (black), lawn fawn blissful botanicals stamp, Staz on ink pad (olive green), distress markers (walnut stain, picket fence, peeled paint, mowed lawn) what’s the buzz insect stickers by Nicole Crafts, Best of K& Company cardstock, mod podge.



·        

·        Step 1:  Color the background with some acrylic paint.  I used classic green, light avocado, ocean reef blue and nutmeg. 
·        Step 2:  I took some golden brown paint and applied to my craft mat.  I pushed some large bubble wrap into the paint and added to my background.
·        Step 3:  Take some background stencils and add to the canvas with acrylic paint. I used the double rectangles background stencil and used linen acrylic paint.  I flipped the stencil over when I was done and pushed into the canvas to get an outline stencil effect. 
·        Step 3:  Take some twine, embroidery threads and strings and create a bird’s nest.  Add a pile of mod podge.
·        Step 4: I took some brown suede from an old belt and created the tree branches.  Adhere with mod podge. 
·        Step 5:  I took some olive green Staz-on ink and stamped some leaf branches from a stamp from the blissful botanicals set. I colored in the white areas using distress markers peeled paint and mowed lawn. 
·        Step 6: Using a die-cutting machine, cut out a bird or find an image online.  Adhere the bird to the page with mod podge.  I outlined the bird in black soot and picket fence distress markers and added a wing using walnut stain distress marker. 

·        Step 7:  I added some stickers from the Nicole crafts what’s the buzz collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment