· Step 1: I took a piece of vanilla cardstock and cut with my paper trimmer to 6” x 9”. I scored the card down the center so the card measures 6” x 4 ½”.
· Step 2: I took a piece of pattern cardstock and cut to 5 ½” x 4”.
· Step 3: I took both the card base in vanilla and the pattern cardstock and cut out a circle in both pieces using my Darice Embossing Essentials Circle Die set and my Cuttlebug.
· Step 4: I adhered the pattern cardstock onto the vanilla card base using a glue stick.
· Step 5: I took a white ribbon and colored it using Lindy’s Flat Fabio spray in Caribbean Blue. I tied the ribbon around the edge of the card. I added a piece of white twine cord to create the bow.
· Step 6: Using a happy birthday stamp from Tim Holtz Simple Sayings stamp set, I stamped the saying in versamark and used Recollections Embossing Powder in Glacier.
· Step 7: I cut some strips of white cardstock to create the candles and cut out the flame parts of the candles using the Celebrations cricut cartridge.
· Step 8: I took the candles and used a dot background stamp and stamped each candle in versamark ink pad. I used Ranger White Embossing Powder and covered the candles and embossed with my heat gun.
· Step 9: I colored each candle using a different colors distress stain by Tim Holtz. The colors I used was Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn, and Squeezed Lemonade. I took the flames for each candle and used a glue stick and colored with yellow glitter. I positioned the candles on the inside of the card so they can be aligned with the circle cutout. I glued down using a glue stick.
· Step 10: I stamped the sayings on the inside of the card using Distress ink pad in Broken China. The stamps I used are from My Favorite Things birthday clear stamps.
· Step 11: I took some money and folded up and used a paperclip to attach the money to the card. The money was used as the cake in the card and was placed over the candles.