Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Purple Flower Happy Mother’s Day Card

Step 1: I took a piece of purple cardstock and cut to 10” x 6 ½”.  I took my scoreboard and scored the center line so the card would be 5” x 6 ½”. I took a white piece of cardstock and cut it to 4 ½” x 6”.
Step 2: I took the white piece of cardstock I just cut and found the center and drew a very light pencil line.  The top half I took my hero arts floral filigree stencil and applied the design using a Versamark ink pad.  I covered the embossing ink with ranger puff embossing power in purple and set with a heat tool.
Step 3: I took some twine and cut enough to wrap around the card three times.  I colored the twine using Lindy’s starburst spray in tea pot purple. I took one white prima flower from the innocence 2 package and also colored it in Lindy’s starburst spray in tea pot purple.  I assisted the drying time by using a heat tool.
Step 4: For the bottom half of the white cardstock I stamped my saying.  I used Technique Tuesday say it happy stamps and used the mother’s day stamp and stamped it in Colorbox violet pigment ink and a stamping block.  The word happy I hand wrote using a Crazeart colored pencil in pretty plum.
Step 5: I took the white cardstock and wrapped the twine around three times and adhered on the backside using double-sided adhesive tape.  I glued the prima flower using quickdry glue. I adhered that white cardstock to the purple card base using double-sided adhesive tape.

Step 6: I printed out a poem with my printer and trimmed to fit the inside of the card and applied using double-sided adhesive tape.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment