Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Merry Christmas Ornament Die Cut Card

Step 1: I took beige cardstock and cut 9” x 6” and folded in half so the card measures 4 ½” x 6”.
Step 2: I took the polka dot cardstock from My Minds Eye Vintage Christmas Cardstock and cut to 4 ¼” x 5 ¾”. I took another piece of beige cardstock and cut that to 4” by 5”.  I took my inkadinkado mini snowflake stamps and stamped a background of snowflakes using Distress Ink Pad in faded jeans.
Step 3: I took some beige cardstock and my Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval Bliss Dies and using my cuttlebug cut out the oval.  I took a strip of the beige cardstock and using my Merry Christmas stamp from Tim Holtz Simple Sayings Word Stamp set I stamped the saying in Distress Ink peeled paint.
Step 4: I took some red florist wire and my embossing tool and poked a hole in the saying and tied the wire.  I adhered the wire to the back of the polka dot cardstock before adhereing down with tacky glue.
Step 5: I cutout the ornament using beige and brown cardstock and my gingerbread Cricut Cartridge.  I used the same snowflake stamps and faded jeans ink and stamped the images all over the beige ornament cutout.  I adhered using dimensional dots and used red florist wire to hang the ornament.

Step 6: I adhered cranberry stickles around the oval and to the snowflakes on the ornament.

No comments:

Post a Comment